Extremely professional from the booking receptionist to the actual treatment, I could not have chosen a better dental clinic and dentist. I am so happy after today's surgery, feeling so confidant again. i'm very satisfied.
A crown is a type of dental restoration used to fix teeth that have been broken, weakened by decay or contain a very large filling. Here is how it works:
- 1An impression is taken of the tooth that needs restoring.
- 2A crown is made in the dental laboratory to fit the tooth precisely and match the neighbouring teeth.
- 3The tooth is then prepared and the crown fitted securely on top.
A crown could be a good solution for you if you have some discoloured fillings and would like to improve their appearance. Crowns can be used to replace these to give you a more appealing smile. Additionally, if you have had root canal treatment you will need a crown to protect or cap the restored tooth, allowing you to eat and bite down on it as if it was a real tooth. Crowns are also used to anchor a bridge or denture firmly in place in the mouth.Life Benefits
- Strengthens remaining tooth structure.
- Natural-looking restoration.
- Functions like a real tooth, so you can bite and chew as usual.