Extremely professional from the booking receptionist to the actual treatment, I could not have chosen a better dental clinic and dentist. I am so happy after today's surgery, feeling so confidant again. i'm very satisfied.
In cases of advanced gum disease and tooth decay, teeth may need to be extracted. Some patients may also develop impacted wisdom teeth, which can cause intense pain. This is alleviated by having them removed surgically. One area in which it is possible for dentists to specialise is oral surgery, an umbrella term for all dental procedures involving surgery, such as the extraction of teeth or wisdom teeth. It is always important to get the advice of a dental professional if you are worried about any of your teeth. Never attempt to pull out your own tooth at home as this could cause a more serious problem for you.
Tooth extractions typically involve the following:
- 1Before the procedure you may require an x-ray of your teeth.
- 2Depending on your particular case and the severity of your problem, you may be given a local anaesthetic if you are anxious.
- 3Dentists have the right equipment and sterile environment to extract teeth with the utmost care and your recovery can be surprisingly quick.
- 4In the case of wisdom tooth extractions, you may have some swelling after the procedure and discomfort that can be eased with over-the-counter painkillers. In cases of advanced gum disease or periodontitis, antibiotics will be prescribed to reduce the risk of further infection.
- Safe and sterile procedure.
- Quick recovery and healing time with reduced infection risk.
- Sustained good oral health.