Extremely professional from the booking receptionist to the actual treatment, I could not have chosen a better dental clinic and dentist. I am so happy after today's surgery, feeling so confidant again. i'm very satisfied.
Root canal treatment (also called endodontics) is needed when the pulp inside your tooth becomes infected through tooth decay or damaged by an injury to your mouth. This infection may spread through the root canal system and could eventually lead to an abscess, causing a great deal of discomfort. If root canal treatment is not carried out, the tooth may need to be taken out. Root canal therapy involves the following:
- 1First, local anaesthetic will be administered to ensure no discomfort is felt during treatment.
- 2The tooth will be prepared with a drill, allowing access to the root canal system.
- 3The root canal system will be thoroughly cleaned out to remove all infection and pulp.
- 4The root canal system is then filled and sealed temporarily with a crown.
- 5The tooth is checked at a later visit and when all the infection has cleared, the tooth is permanently filled.
Root canal treatment is a skilled and time-consuming procedure and most courses of treatment will involve two or more visits.Life Benefits
- Preservation of remaining healthy tooth structure.
- Prevention of infection spreading any further.
- Restoration of tooth to its natural look and feel.