Extremely professional from the booking receptionist to the actual treatment, I could not have chosen a better dental clinic and dentist. I am so happy after today's surgery, feeling so confidant again. i'm very satisfied.
Pregnancy can be an exciting time and while you have so much to plan for, your oral health may be one of the last things you're thinking about. However, it's particularly important to pay close attention to your teeth and gums in this time. Here are some reasons why pregnant women should take extra care with their dentition:
- 1The hormone progesterone can be raised up to 10 times higher than the normal level in the body during pregnancy, affecting its response to toxins and making it more susceptible to developing periodontal disease, also known as pregnancy gingivitis.
- 2Some pregnant women also develop a growth on their gums known as a pregnancy granuloma: red nodules, usually found on the upper gums. While they are not dangerous, they can cause discomfort.
- 3Other oral health problems may include dry mouth and tooth erosion as a result of constant exposure to acid from severe morning sickness.
If you are pregnant we recommend that you come to the practice for a thorough check up so that we can help you to have a healthy and happy pregnancy.Life Benefits
- Healthy gums during pregnancy.
- Improved health during pregnancy, which also improves the health of your unborn baby.